Study in Turkey - Private Universities Guide 2
We are following up on what we started in our latest series on private Turkish universities that enjoy a position at the global and local levels, according to their educational and research capabilities, their teaching staff, and their partnership with international universities.
Among these Turkish private universities are:
- Medipol University Istanbul
- Uskudar University
- Alton Bash
- I doubt
- Gelsheim University
- Sabah Al-Din Zaim
- Al-Biruni University
- Gulf University
- Istanbul Medipol University on the Asian side of Istanbul, which is one of the best universities in Europe:
It is famous for its active role in the health fields, as it owns an educational complex that includes hospitals for human medicine and dentistry.
It owns a huge library, student counseling centers and an applied research center. It also organizes cultural and sports events, and allows the study of its specialties in English.
- Uskudar University on the Asian side of Istanbul, which provides world-class research and educational facilities.
Uskudar University establishes partnerships with several European universities, is a member of the Erasmus student exchange organization, and is distinguished in teaching medical specialties.
- Altinbas University in Istanbul includes 9 faculties, top of which are medical specialties. It adopts the scientific method of teaching, and has accreditations from the European Union and a number of Arab countries.
The university holds weekly seminars in management and economics, in addition to competitions, festivals and sports activities.
- Ozyegin University in Istanbul, Asia, is one of the largest research universities in Turkey, as it conducts studies and research in its advanced laboratories.
Özgen University holds conferences for international companies with students in order to qualify them, such as the Swiss chain of Swissotel hotels, and the Turkish company iJet for civil aviation.
- Ishik University in Istanbul, also in Asia, is one of the strongest Turkish universities, teaches its majors in English, and excels in the field of scientific research.
Ishik University provides its students with opportunities to participate in sports, concerts, exhibitions and seminars.
- Istanbul University “Giliçim” , which provides educational services in accordance with international quality standards, and works to devote students’ environmental awareness.
Gelishim University has also obtained accreditation from several organizations, including AbET, and includes laboratories and workshops for drawing, advertising, child development drama, aircraft engines, and others, in addition to laboratories for anatomy, nursing, aircraft systems, and others.
- Istinye University in Istanbul, Europe, which is distinguished for its medical specializations, and for conducting advanced scientific research.
It also provides practical training for students in hospitals affiliated with the university, where the university cooperates with several hospitals, including “MEDICAL PARK”.
- Beykoz University, on the Asian side of Istanbul, includes the faculties of engineering, architecture, social sciences, management, arts and design, and the School of Civil Aviation and Foreign Languages.
It uses English as a primary language in teaching its subjects, and gives importance to applied education, and it is a member of the Erasmus organization for student exchange.
It also includes a Center for Applied Research and Distance Education, a Center for Logistics Research and Applications, and a Semiotics Research Center.
- Sabahattin Zaim University in Istanbul, Europe, which includes the faculties of engineering, natural sciences, business administration and health sciences, and uses the English language in its teaching.
It is a member of the Erasmus student exchange organization, and includes the Center for Food and Agricultural Research, the Istanbul Research Center, and the Center for Islamic Studies and International Affairs.
It includes a food engineering department lab, a chemistry, physics and biology lab, and a nursing and computer lab.
- Biruni University in Istanbul, Europe, is distinguished by its location in the center of Istanbul, and has advanced hospitals, providing its students with training opportunities through cooperation with international health institutions.
It focuses on research and development in the field of health, and conducts research on health problems. It also has a job center to help its students.
- Halic University in European Istanbul, which focuses on vocational education, provides its students with health care and private housing.
It contains a center for continuing education, a psychological counseling unit, a distance education system, in addition to 65 laboratories, research laboratories, anatomy and physics laboratories.
Thus, private Turkish universities are spread throughout Turkey, to provide students with education at the highest levels and in the finest structures, which guarantee a balanced creative environment for the student in his scientific, cultural and social life.